Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Carrot Cake Truffles

Well, I was up until 1am this morning making these delightful little balls. I first experienced the carrot cake version of these at my friend Laurel's 40th birthday party. I believe her brother brought them for her as a birthday gift.

As I had this upcoming party, I was helping cater, I asked if I could have the recipe. I couldn't believe how simple it was! When I envisioned these cute little truffles in my head, I thought, "Wouldn't it be darling if they had a cute little carrot on each truffle so that they would know what they were about to take a bite of?" These were a huge hit! I made about 125 of them, and they went very quickly! I think next time I will try homemade cake and frosting as I just think they would taste even better! You can do these in any cake flavor and any cake frosting.

Word to the wise, when dipping these cake balls in chocolate, have someone help you, and only dip a very small batch at a time, like 15. Then take more from the freezer and so on.









Carrot Cake Truffles


1 carrot cake made from a boxed mix, as directed
1 can of cream cheese frosting

white chocolate for dipping (almond bark)

Crumble the cake into a bowl while cake is still warm. Mix it with your electric beater or standing mixer to make sure it is well crumbled. Add the whole can of frosting and beat again. Using a small cookie scoop (about 1 TBL.) scoop cake mix onto a greased cookie sheet. Freeze for at least 2 hours. You can store the cake balls in a large Ziplock bag until you are ready to use them.

Melt your white chocolate in a double broiler. Adding a little bit of oil so it does not seize up. Start with 1 tsp. and add more if needed.

Dip cake balls in chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

I made the cute little carrots on the top mine out of colored frosting, right after they were dipped and set.

No comments:

Post a Comment