Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gooey Butter Cookies

I was completely surprised when one of the teachers at the school told me that these were one of the hot items of the night. I made like 60+ of these but almost didn't take them because they looked so boring to me. I asked my cute hubby more than once, "Are you SURE I should take these?" I guess it is a good thing I did!

I think these would be quite delightful in lemon flavor too.












Gooey Butter Cookies

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon Butter Extract
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/4 cup powdered sugar


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Add cake mix, and stir until well blended. Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours.

3.Roll into 1inch balls and roll the balls in the confectioners' sugar. Place 1 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

4. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment