Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chicken Pillows

This recipe is per request of a dear friend of mine. when we had these for a church function recently I remembered how much I loved them! Though we usually use cooked chicken, we recently made them using cooked turkey instead, so that we could use up that left over Thanksgiving Turkey. Let me just tell you, these are a little bite of Heaven! I LOVE them, and ALL my children ate them (which means they past the kid test). Let me know what you think. :)









Chicken Pillows

16 oz. cream cheese, softened (2 blocks)
4 T. butter
3 C. cubed or shredded chicken (I chop mine fairly small)
1/3 C. mushrooms
1/3 C. green onions, sliced
3 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 C. melted butter
1 box crushed Stove Top Stuffing mix
1/8 c. pecans

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
1 chicken bullion cube

Mix cream cheese, butter, cooked chicken, green onions, and mushrooms
Roll out the two triangles (rectangle), squishing the perforated edges together, on a floured board. Cut them in half making two rectangles. I roll them all out at the same time and stack them. Put a medium sized cookie scoop full (about 2 TBL.) of the filling on a rolled out crescent roll. Tuck corners over the top of the mixture and roll. Repeat until you roll them into a ball. Coat ball in the melted butter, and then roll it in the crouton, pecan mixture until it is evenly coated.

Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 24 in a 9x13 dish. It made two meals for our family! :D

For sauce, heat cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and chicken bullion and serve over the top of the chicken rolls. You can also use regular chicken gravy or no gravy at all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this recipe...I'm making these this week!

    ReplyDelete