Friday, November 19, 2010

Sweet Potato Crunch

I got this recipe from my darling sister in-law Penni. One bite and I told her, "You have GOT to give me this recipe!" It may, quite possibly, be the best thing I have ever eaten!

This is our HAVE TO HAVE dish for Thanksgiving! This is the dish that EVERYONE requests. It is just as good as dessert but we call it a vegetable so that we can eat more of those Thanksgiving yummies, right??? ;)

Recently, when I went to CO for my grandma's funeral, my cousin told me, "I have all the stuff to make that Sweet Potato recipe you make, you should make it!" And so I did. How could I say no? I positively adore them.... and they put up with me and my crazy kids for the weekend!

Anyway, enough going on about this delectable bit of Heaven. If this dish does not adorn your Thanksgiving table, you are seriously missing out.









Penni’s Sweet Potato Crunch
1-40 oz. can AND 1-29 oz. can Sweet potatoes/yams, drained
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Melted Butter
½ C. Coconut (optional, if you are one of those people that really hate coconut)
½ C. Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Beat all the ingredients together with an electric mixer. With a large spoon, smooth sweet potatoes in to prepared pan.

Topping
1 C. Flour
1 C. Melted Butter
2 C. Sugar
2 C. Chopped pecans
Mix together and crumble over top of sweet potatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment