Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies

Can I just say I am a huge Betty Crocker fan. If you are using a mix (even as a base) it is seriously the best way to go! Anywho, I made these for a church function not to long ago. Have mercy, they are soooooo good! I got the original recipe off of the Betty Crocker website.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/pumpkin-swirl-brownies/a04602d7-4c6a-4008-9224-9c76a5ccd4f7

I need to warn you, if you are using a smaller baking dish, 8x8 or 9x13 for a double batch, you will need to increase the baking time. I doubled my recipe and it took a LONG time to bake. Just a warning, but they are oh so worth the wait. These were so good, I made some for my family too. They are so good, we couldn't stay out of them!










Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Brownies
1 box Betty Crocker Brownies (I used dark chocolate)
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup water
2 eggs

Filling
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 can canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 egg
6 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of ground nutmeg

1.Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, beat all filling ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Set aside.
2.Make brownie batter as directed on box, using ½ cup oil, ¼ cup water and the 2 eggs. Spread 2/3 of the batter in pan. Spoon filling by tablespoonfuls evenly over batter. Spoon remaining brownie batter over filling. Cut through batter several times with knife for marbled design.
3.Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely. Store covered in refrigerator.

3 comments:

  1. OK Anjella, you gotta check out this site...she got the same kind of creative streak as you tell me what you think.
    http://picky-palate.com/
    Thought you might like to try a few of her recipes and make them even better :)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS is there any chocolate but dark? :)

    ReplyDelete